Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Just grab these...

I'm behind on writing actual posts (believe me, there's some great new music I want to write about, it's just a matter of finding time. Too busy preparing for bambino #2), but I thought I'd do a quick one about a few artists I LOVE that really don't need a lot of introduction or background. Chances are you've heard of them, and, if your tastes are in line with mine, you probably love them like I do. And they've got free stuff for you to grab and listen to!!

First up - The Sea & Cake have a new record due out in May called The Moonlight Butterfly and the first track is available courtesy of the folks at Thrill Jockey. It's called "Up On The North Shore" and, as expected from these masters of their craft, it's another in a long line of exceptional tunes. To give you an idea of how much I love this band, my son is named Archer.

The second track you need to grab comes courtesy of RCRDLBL and it's a remix of my man Will Holland. Most folks know him as Quantic, the moniker under which he has been plumbing electronica, latin rhythms and more over the years. Most recently he moved to Columbia and formed the Combo Barbaro to play with him - their latest is the Caliventura Remixes EP on Tru Thoughts (another phenomenal label). The Daedelus remix of "Undelivered Letter" is a keeper so check it out and pick up the EP if you like what you hear.

Thanks for reading, now start listening...

No comments: