Friday, April 16, 2010

Back in Blacc

I don't often post about singles or videos here on Ear To The Sound because I envisioned the blog being entirely about highlighting new albums and you can't always judge (or prejudge) an album from the first single. That being said, occasionally I just know that a record is going to be great and the single is just wetting my whistle for the hotness to come.

It's been four years since Aloe Blacc debuted on Stones Throw with Shine Through and that album was a gorgeous slice of neo-soul served sideways (take a listen to "Long Time Coming" on his website). Four years is a long time and a lot has happened sonically in the meantime, but it appears Blacc is poised to return big with his forthcoming album Good Thing. The first single is called "I Need A Dollar" and it is SOOOO good. Put me down for "eager anticipation" of the new record.



You can download the single off the Stones Throw website here.

Thanks for reading, now start listening...

No comments: